Hello, neighbors! Sean Peek here with the Tuesday edition of Spokane Daily.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Sunny to partly cloudy. High: 56 Low: 36.
Here are the best stories today in Spokane:
- From now on, The Land Council will host its 2nd edition SpoCanopy tree planting event through Spokane to bring more street trees. Volunteers and Land Council staff will plant street trees in low income neighborhoods with poor tree cover. The plantations will take place in West Central Spokane and Northeast areas. The organization said the event aligns with the City of SpokaneThe goal is to have 40 percent canopy cover by 203o and to plant 200 street trees this year. (KXLY Spokane)
- Dozen of Marshallese people from the east Washington who do not have access to dental care will have their teeth examined this week. The Arcora Foundation work with the group Smile Spokane bring the mobile dental unit from the foundation to the Spokane Tribe Casino in Airway heights. The Smile Mobile goes to communities across the state. (Spokane Public Radio)
- While a large part of Spokane County remains in an exceptionally drought, parts of the region have been lowered to “extremes”, a sign that a cooler and wetter autumn will end the scorching summer. (Yahoo News)
- MPs have developed a probable cause to indict two minors for deliberately disobeying school administrative staff and disrupting school functions during a East Valley School District school bus incident. (Press Releases Office)
- Jurassic Quest, the country’s largest and most realistic dinosaur exhibit, returns to the Spokane Convention Center December 3-5. (KREM.com)
today Spokane Daily is brought to you by Ring, a Patch brand partner. If you are planning to travel this holiday season, following these home security tips can help you have peace of mind while you are away.
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur who graduated in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.