IRVINE, Calif., January 11, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Pacific Dental Services® (PDS), one of the nation’s leading dental support organizations, today announced a key milestone in its growth journey. Cumulative revenues for calendar year 2021 exceeded $ 2 billion, marking another important achievement in the 27-year history of the private organization.
PDS turnover for 2021 exceeded $ 2 billion, marking an important achievement in the 27-year history of the organization.
PDS’s unique business model allows dentists to own their dental practice and spend more time with patients and less time on the administrative responsibilities of running a practice. PDS calls it their private practice +® model. Because its supported dentists can leverage the operational support of the large business service organization, they have the freedom to focus exclusively on patient care while PDS remains focused on the business aspects of the practice.
Building on this successful foundation, notable innovative technology implementations were made to the Business Support Platform in 2021 – particularly with the Epic.® electronic health record system that integrates a patient’s medical and dental records and KaVo OP 3D™ Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) systems – have fueled the unprecedented growth of PDS. Additionally, the organization has remained focused on raising national awareness of the critical link between oral health and overall health – what the PDS and its sustained practices call the Body-mouth connection®.
Commenting on the milestone, Stephen E. Thorne IV, the founder and CEO of PDS said: “To surpass $ 2 billion of turnover in a calendar year is a benchmark that few private companies achieve. As much as we enjoy this moment, at PDS we understand that our success does not lie in aggregate numbers, but in the success of every dental practice, every dentist owner, and ultimately every patient interaction. We know that the best clinicians don’t come to us because of our size. They come to work alongside our supported dentist owners, knowing that they will benefit from the mentorship and training of the best dentists in the world. They will have access to the best tools, systems and technologies available in the industry. They will thrive in an environment that will help them elevate their role as a healthcare professional – not only helping patients with their dental needs, but genuinely improving their overall health. “
Other key milestones for Pacific Dental Services in 2021 include:
- World’s first dental support organization to implement Epic®, the most widely used comprehensive health records system, in supported practices. Using Epic, dental offices can easily exchange patient data with other healthcare providers for better overall patient care.
- The implementation of CBCT technology in 365 supported practices and the use of 3D imaging to help more patients with improved diagnoses, precise implant placements and better clinical outcomes.
- Production and placement of 468,211 dental restorations (crowns, inlays / onlays and veneers) in 2021 alone using CEREC® CAD / CAM technology.
- One-of-a-kind dental practice in the service of whole body health launched with the opening of three practices in one – general dentistry, pediatric dentistry and medical care. The innovative and integrated approach offers patients a holistic strategy to manage their overall health care through a variety of services.
- Partnership with the American Diabetes Association® to increase awareness of the link between oral health and diabetes.
- Have a PDS executive serving on the CDC National Association of Chronic Disease Directors Steering Committee for Medico-Dental Integration.
- First in the dental industry to offer free tuition to its team members thanks to its College advancement program.
- Partnering with Envista in a multi-year agreement to combine their independently developed machine learning capabilities into Envista’s sophisticated DTX Studio Clinic assisted intelligence (AI) software platform that PDS will deploy in its supported practices. charge to bring all the benefits of AI-supported image sorting, interpretation and analysis to its supported clinicians.
- Opening of his 863e Supported nationwide dental practice and contracting with its 683e dentist owner.
- First dental support organization to join a responsible healthcare organization focused on improving the health of the diabetic population.
- Act as a collaborative medical and dental team on from Harvard Medical School The Teaming and Integrating for Smiles and Health (TISH) initiative focused on strengthening primary care and oral health partnerships.
- Launch of a specialized dental support organization, Periodontics Health Group, in the center Florida.
- Creation of a quarterly digital magazine, Generations of smiles, focused on educating patients on how they can use good oral hygiene practices to improve their overall health.
About Pacific Dental Services®
Founded in 1994, Pacific Dental Services (PDS) is one of the nation’s leading dental support organizations, providing sustained autonomy that allows dentists to focus on clinical excellence and the highest levels of comprehensive, cost-effective care. to patients. PDS is at the origin of private practice +® model to allow dentists to focus on their passion: serving patients. PDS also pioneered the concept of modern dentistry so that dentists are equipped to combine the advancements of the latest technology with best operating practices and procedures, highly trained support staff, and a commitment to continuing education and training. PDS continues to grow, with over 850 dental offices supported across United States. PDS has been included 14 times on Inc. 5000’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. PDS-backed dentists aim to be the supplier of choice in all the markets they serve and to grow Patients for Life ™. For more information, visit us at pacificdentalservices.com.
Instagram: @ pacific.dental
LinkedIn: @ pacific-dental-services
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pacific-dental-services-hits-2-billion-revenue-milestone-301458022.html
SOURCE Pacific Dental Services