August 5, 2022, 1:52 PM HST
A new cohort of 19 women entrepreneurs are participating in the WE by Rising Tide financial management program, including Raina deVault from Maui Traffic Control Services, Dr. Stacy Ammerman from Maui Lani Physicians and Surgeons, Dr. Emilie Sumida, from Children’s Dentistry of Maui and Brandis Sarich by Brandis Sarich Art + Architecture.
The free 10-week course runs from August 3 through October 5 and is sponsored by the Central Pacific Bank Foundation and the aio Foundation. The program, which is in partnership with the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business and Leadership, helps women business owners equip themselves with tools to grow their businesses.
“Attendees will learn and network with industry experts in financial management, marketing strategies and advertising opportunities, while making new friends they can refer to in the business world,” said Susan Utsugi, senior vice president of corporate banking at Central Pacific Bank. , a founding member of the WE by Rising Tide program.
“Cohort 2 is an exceptional group of women small business owners who represent multiple industries,” said Colleen McAluney, Director of the Mink Center. “They will join 20 alumni as we build a diverse and supportive community of female entrepreneurs through the WE by Rising Tide program.”
The class of 2022:
- Dr. Stacy Ammerman, Physicians and Surgeons of Maui Lani A team of experienced physicians provide the Maui community with the most comprehensive women’s health services available. Their physicians and staff strive to provide patients with a modern and comprehensive “boutique” medical experience.
- Raina deVault, Maui Traffic Control Services LLC: Maui Traffic Control Services provides traffic control and road construction protection services to ensure the safe transportation of heavy equipment, assist drivers and help keep the general public safe .
- Brandis Sarich, Brandis Sarich Art + Architecture LLC: Brandis Sarich is a leading architect and talented artist living on the island of Maui.
- Dr. Emilie Sumida, Maui Children’s Dentistry: Emilie Sumida, DDS, has been providing pediatric dentistry to children on Maui since 2019.
- Laurie Baron, Galerie Baron dba Nohea Gallery: Nohea Gallery is home to Hawaiian art, handcrafted jewelry, turned wood bowls and boxes, ceramics, fine woodwork, and quality gifts made locally by contemporary Hawaiian artists and artisans.
- Katie Bennet, Family Mediation Hawaii: For families in conflict, mediation offers many advantages over traditional litigation. Online dispute resolution allows us to assist and support families remotely. Find child-focused family conflict solutions from the comfort of your own home.
- Deanna Cornelius, The Happy Bento LLC: Meals prepared by a chef and designed by nutritionists are delivered directly to your door. Perfect for new parents, seniors, hospice households, doctor-ordered meal plans, and anyone who wants dinner relief.
- Haylin Dennison, Haylin Dennison, LCSW: Haylin Dennison, LCSW, is committed to providing innovative mental health wellness services to Hawaiian mothers, women, children and families.
- Dr. Amelia Fong, Aina Haina Eye Center: Aina Haina Eye Center is a full-service vision center specializing in multiple treatments to meet your needs.
- April Hail, Keiki Kaukau: Keiki Kaukau, created by a Hawaiian mom and teacher, creates beautiful, quality toys that authentically represent the Aloha State and its unique blend of cultures.
- Dr. Lori Ann Kim, Hōkūʻula Eyecare: Hōkūʻula Eyecare offers comprehensive eye health and vision examinations and specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various eye diseases, conditions and problems. Using advanced diagnostic technology and vision correction products, they are committed to improving the quality of life for people in the Kamuela community through improved vision.
- Alissa Kimura, A Kimura Consulting LLC: Pacific Financial Partners has been helping businesses and families achieve their financial goals for over 90 years. With a mission to always keep our clients first, our reputation is built on long-term relationships helping our partner firms help their clients pursue their dreams for themselves and their families.
- Stacey Leong, Stacey Leong Design LLC: Stacey Leong Design’s style, approach and communication techniques to graphic design are particularly distinct. Their abilities converge in an exceptional team to produce creative, intuitive and conscious graphic design programs for their clientele.
- Shellie Norman, DNP, Island Dermatology LLC dba Koru Medical Spa: Our mission is to provide personalized, high-quality medical and cosmetic dermatological care in an environment where patients feel respected, valued and safely cared for by a team of highly trained and compassionate professionals.
- Jasmine Tanioka, Seafood & Tanioka Catering: Tanioka’s business journey began in 1978 to serve Oahu’s Leeward side with fresh seafood. With the support of family and friends, Tanioka’s has grown significantly with buildings totaling over 16,000 square feet and employing over 130 hardworking and dedicated employees. Long hours and blessings from above, along with their unwavering commitment to their mission, “Quality Food with a Friendly Smile”, have made Tanioka a legend in Waipahu.
- Tanya Uyehara, Laha’ole Designs: Drawing inspiration from native Hawaiian flowers to share stories passed down through oral history, Laha’ole designs are designed to share native Hawaiian culture with others, cultivating an appreciation and awareness of the beauty of Hawaii.
- Kiani Wong, Kaka’ako Kasuals: Since 1988, Kaka’ako Kasuals has been offering slippers, sandals, flip-flops and thongs that offer the right balance of chic and airy comfort for all occasions.
- Rose Wong, Kolohe: Kolohe is a Hawai’i-based jewelry brand specializing in custom jewelry made in-house. From ethical sourcing to exclusively using water-resistant metals, Kolohe crafts jewelry that’s made to last. Kolohe specializes in 14k gold filling, a tarnish resistant metal designed to last years beyond gold plating or vermeil.
- Jamie Yoshida, The Bead Gallery, Honolulu: The Bead Gallery creates jewelry that connects you with who you are. Some have worn it as a badge of courage, others to honor themselves. They can remind you to breathe, to love, to protect, and to show who you really are. They are talismans for life.